Jan 24, 2011

My rookie mistake... no outline

When I first started writing my book, I already knew my storyline, story world and main characters.  I wrote the first few chapters without bothering with an outline. I have always disliked writing outlines for some reason maybe because I've only done so when absolutely necessary for a grade in school.  Also, I like to "free-write" as I call it because it allows me to feel like I'm being more creative :).  Although, without an outline I ended up stuck and unsure where my story is going and worrying about being consistent. I recently completed an outline for this book as well as the next two in the series I want to write. So when I sit down to write I know exactly what I am going to write.  I am more efficient with an outline and my creativity is not hampered as I thought it would be. 


Here is a link to one of the outlines I am using now:

Novel Outline 2
From: http://www.how-to-write-a-novel.net/novel-outline.html 

Angel

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

The Red Journal My Zimbio
Copyright Angel Ray, 2010-2011.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers