Oct 15, 2010

Main characters

In gearing up for NaNoWriMo (and much more importantly, my novel), I have been working on my main character's backgrounds, the plot and story world. Here are a few things that I have come up with:

My main characters at this point is Neva Porter and Rookael Kane (Rook). I will expand on their backgrounds more in a future post.

Their very basic descriptions are as follows:

Neva  (Pronounced: Nee-Vah, probably a real name but came from my head :0)
Age: 26
Hair: Brown w/auburn hi-lites    
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'2
Body: Athletic
Skin color: Caramel
Parents: Valen & Neomi
Siblings: None
-Personal trainer who owns her own fitness center.
-Lives alone in an apartment in Alexandria VA.


Rook (Pronounced: Roo-ky-el, means Raven)
Hair: Black       
Eyes: Brown
Mouth: Cupid's bow, sensual, full
Languages: English, Spanish, Italian
Height: 6'5
Body: Muscular, Tall,
Skin color: Cinnamon-Brown
Clothing: Black cotton v-neck tee, black pants & boots
Parents: Rook & Akisha
Siblings: Silas
-Has a small scar above right eyebrow.
-Was recently assigned to a position in Washington D.C.
-Lives with a group of others.

As I said earlier this is very basic.  There's a lot going on with with these characters and I learn more about them every day.

Here is a very helpful Character Sketch Template found on Writing.com.  Also, I highly recommend WriteitNow Novel writing software from Ravenshead Services. Check them out! I am using the Writing Fiction For Dummies book which I find extremely helpful as well.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

The Red Journal My Zimbio
Copyright Angel Ray, 2010-2011.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers